Once upon a time, I made a lot of choices. Some were good but most were selfish and wrong. I have spent hours trying to get beyond my past. I find I often look at the choices I made and try to make new ones, not the same old mistakes. I try. And when I can I try to make choices which help.
I have a family, who loved me when I was horrible, who loved me when I made some of the worst choices in my life. I was not a nice person. I did not think of other people when I made choices. I raced through their lives like a hurricane, and later owed them great apologies. I have started my journey back, but I owe them more than I can ever repay.
Suddenly I have chance to help out, and I am so grateful for the chance. I have talked to my partner and we have agreed this can work. It will be a little harder on my family, but it not only is a chance to repay a tiny tiny piece of my debt. It also helps someone who needs it.
This is one of those moments when I am grateful for all the forgiveness, and the chance to give back.
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment