My mom never cooked, or rather she never cooked well. She tried, but living in a house with a professional baker made it hard. Living with a perfectionist who drank to much made it harder. I love my dad, he taught me how to bake, how to knead bread, to put all you had into cooking.
He also told me I was a girl, and should only want to be a nurse. I was a good nurse, lousy wife. I spent half my life wishing I was a boy, and the other half, acting like I had Ba..s of steel. I didn't by the way, but what i have learned of late, is I have no will power. I may still think I have those steel objects but I don't have the ability to do anything about them. Its hard a trip down self-reflection, but everyone has to make it at some point, I choose now. I choose to not keep things I will never fix, never finish, or just aint gonna do.
I love to cook, but if you tell me you hate something, I don't change it, I quit. I love smoothies. I do, I love them, and want to drink them. All the time.
My sweetie tolerates them, and me most days. But I quit making them, because he did not like them. I don't do new years resolutions, I break them all of them, I never lost that 20 pounds, said no to that last donut, or took back my life, but I think I am going to. I think I am going to do it one baby step at a time. I am getting back the steel items, and I am going to learn to use them
I think stuffed mushrooms, and rice green peppers just went back on the menu... baby steps, next it will be the 20 pounds and no..:)
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment